WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza (VIDRL)
Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity
792 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia
T +61 3 9342 9300
F +61 3 9342 9329
Instructions for Shipping your Samples to the WHO CC
Please note that these instructions relate only to isolates and specimens of human influenza viruses , ie. A(H1N1), A(H3N2) and type B viruses. If you have a highly pathogenic influenza strain (eg. Avian influenza H7 and H5 subtypes), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Before you send your samples
• Please contact us at email@example.com to inform us of your intention to send us samples, so we can expect your shipment.
• If you can identify the subtype of your samples using the HI Typing Assay prior to shipping, this will greatly assist processing at the WHO CC. If this is not possible, or if you have an urgent sample for which the Diagnostic Assay will delay shipping, please send us your sample immediately and we will determine the subtype at the WHO CC. To learn more about the HI Typing Assay, click here.
2. Sample preparation and packaging
• Please include a copy of the following paperwork with your samples AND also send us a copy separately (by email if possible):
Please contact us if you have any questions or require any other